Meet the Requirements
Our Au Pair candidates must meet the requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of State and Au Pair 4 Me:
- be a non-U.S. citizen
- be between the ages of 18 and 26;
- be proficient in spoken English;
- be secondary school graduate, or equivalent;
- be in good health;
- pass a background investigation that includes verification of school, references, criminal record check and personality profile (psychometric test);
- be able to provide 3 non-family related references, of which some must be related to childcare (at least 200 documented hours of childcare experience);
- be personally interviewed, in English, by Au Pair 4 Me representative;
- complete a detailed application;
- have passion for childcare;
- be able to commit to a 12-month position.
If you meet all the requirements listed above, you are adventurous, curious, and interested in learning about a new country and its culture, you love children and spending time with them, then this program is for you! Apply and become an au pair now!